The criteria for the award are as follows:
- Initiated in 2013 to recognize Michigan horses and/or riders that have achieved outstanding accomplishments outside of the show ring.
- Horse must be Michigan-owned at time of honored accomplishments; rider must be a Michigan resident.
- Accomplishments may include, but are not limited to: 10,000 plus logged hours with any recognized horse organization; 10,000 plus logged miles in the MHC Trail Mileage program; multiple appearances in Presidential Inaugural Parades and/or other nationally recognized events; outstanding therapy horse; and other non-show recognition.
- Please include the number of years the nominee has been involved in the horse industry and any accomplishments and contributions that you feel make the nominee eligible for the Michigan Horse Council Horse/Rider Award.
- Supporting documents may accompany this form.